High Score Esports Terms of Participation
At High Score, we believe that video games are one of the greatest forms of entertainment and they can bring people together. Our goal, as always, is to create a space where people can come and play games they love and enjoy. The safety of the gaming community, our employees/agents, and all that attend High Score is of the utmost importance.
As such, we need you to know the following:
- The obvious stuff
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Surveillance cameras are in use throughout our facilities and events.
Everyone must have a valid form of picture identification (drivers license or state ID) to enter our events. We promise to not make fun of your photo, unless it’s spectacular!
All guests will need to register with the check-in team. It'll be quick and simple. Any adult with minors will need to provide their names as well.
Hey, we know gaming is fun and exciting and sometimes you let it slip. But we are a community-driven organization and often it isn’t acceptable. Not only that, we frequently have active live streams running. So please, try to be courteous.
We want you to have a good time. Just not TOO good of a time. If we feel you have overdone it, we’ll ask you to leave and/or call you a ride. If you arrive impaired, you won’t be allowed to enter our events.
We don’t permit any weapons in or around our premises. None of any kind, not even gravity guns and most certainly not the BFG. This includes any item that may look like a weapon, save that stuff for the awesome cosplay outfit you’re working on.
The High Score team is the final word. Failing to follow their instructions will result in your immediate removal and your registration will be flagged. You may be banned from our events permanently.
Sorry. We just can’t take the chance and hey, you don’t want us snooping through your stuff. Please leave them at home or in your car.
- Food and Beverage
No outside food or beverage is allowed in the facilities unless previously approved by management. We may allow you to bring your own booze, but you better ask us first. Of course, underage drinking is strictly prohibited.
Speaking of snooping. Sometimes (at management discretion) we’ll need to perform a search of your purse, bag, fight stick, or you. We’ll be gentle, but if you don’t allow it you’ll have to leave.
- Lost Stuff
We’ll do our best to hang on to things left behind. But, just like the dry cleaner, we can’t keep it forever. As such, High Score is not responsible for lost items of any kind.
- Other illegal stuff
Don’t bring any drugs, stolen items, paraphernalia, or anything that may be considered contraband into our facility. If we suspect it, we’ll search. If we find it, we’ll notify the authorities. Don’t be that person.
- Finally the legal stuff
We strictly prohibit the following:
- Failing to follow the instructions of, or verbally or physically harassing, High Score employees and agents;
- Loitering or behaving in a way that is: unruly, disruptive, disrespectful or harmful;
- Using abusive or obscene language or gestures;
- Smoking inside or anywhere within 30 feet of our facilities. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes and vaporizers;
- Impairment related to drug or alcohol consumption;
- Possessing or consuming alcohol by a minor on our premises, or in contravention of our alcohol policies or contrary to applicable laws;
- Damaging any property or the premises (including surrounding property or premises such as the parking areas);
Failure to abide by the Terms of Participation will result in a warning, removal, or ban depending on the offense.
- Sometimes it's risky
- Including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault
- In consideration of permitting participation in events or activities, all attendees hereby take action for their own actions
- By attending High Score Esports events all attendees agree to:
- WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this activity, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: High Score Esports LLC, and/or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents;
- INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this section from all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
When you attend a High Score Esports (HSE) event, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, or any other purpose by HSE and its affiliates and representatives. You release HSE, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. You waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, web casting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by HSE or the person or entity designated to do so by HSE.
M-Rated Content Warning
By entering the event premises, you consent to the presence of Mature Content. Video Game titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.